Sunday, September 19, 2010

Time for Blogging

I have had some fun with some of my friends since I started this class.  On the first night of class we starting talking about blogs and wikis and Twitter.  Right away, I had to start talking about it to my friends and make them feel old because they had no idea what I was talking about.  I work in a great job with great people who for the most part are on the motor head side instead of the techy side of life.  They look at me like I'm nuts saying words like blog and wiki.  It's entertaining for me to razz them.  That being said, I don't generally participate in blogs and things like that because I find that I get lost in them and want to edit, comment and play with backgrounds.  All of a sudden I find that time has almost disappeared.  I work about 43-45 hours a week at work.  I have a husband, daughter and dog to take care of in the evening.  Once Sami (my daughter) goes to bed at 7:30, I get my work back out and put in another 1 1/2 hours at home most nights and at least one weekend day most weeks.  This semester class gets added in one night a week and somewhere in there, I have to find time for homework.  I hold every moment precious at this point and worry that blogging will quickly eat more moments than I want.  So far, I've been able to keep it under control, but I am trying to be vigilant with focusing on class work only.

No comments:

Post a Comment